PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Paper Dolls and old Photos



This Dbl frame pic is my Father and Mother My Grandfather Philip O'Hearn and Grandfather Nicolas Condessa
HAPPY THURSDAY ARLREADY!! I cannot believe that it is nearing the weekend! I have been working on my book and blogs along with the regular mundane duties we housewifes have every day and the time has flown!! I am having trouble getting a hit counter on this blog. I had one and it appears to be gone. Anyone know what to do to solve my problem? I tried to download a new one but it tells me I already have a counter for this blog. Go figure!

In researching for my book I have taken pictures of old family photos. My brother has contributed some of the photos to me via e-mail through the years and I treasure them. My father was a health and fitness man who worked out. I love this picture of him in the old timey swimsuit of the twenties. My brother's website is http://www.ohearnshistories.com/ My older sister, Mary Catherine has also provided photos for me as her hobby as a teen and young adult was photography. Without her photos during our childhood, there may not have been any pictues of my brother and myself. She is a young 77 with a wonderful sense of humor. My father had a wonderful sense of humor and I think he passed that gift on to all of his children. Please visit Karen at http://thegraphicsfairy.blogspot.com who is featuring a free charming Paper Doll. This is one of the greatest sites!
Poem written during stressful times several years ago,
like all of us experience through our jouney in life:
GIFTS UNUSED
by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart
And the rain still falls on the gloomy day
and sadness still reigns in the faithful heart.
Will there ever be a place for the humble spirit to grow
Will there ever be a time when God's gifts given will flow?
I bring nothing but a loving heart
And the gifts I long to share
I seek only to serve you Lord,
Please answer now, my prayer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: