PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Sunday, September 13, 2009

SUNDAY THOUGHTS

Consider the Lilies of the Field...
     How they grow; they toil not,
        Neither do they spin;
       And yet I say unto you,
        That even Solomon in all his glory
          was not arrayed like one of these...

_Matthew 6:28

Fall is in the air, the nights are blessedly cooler and everything in the garden is adorned with brilliant colors.  This Bradford Pear tree leaf is such a beautiful shade of Autumn!  Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  My Aunt Babe used to burn leaves she had raked near the curb in front of her house.  The aroma that filled the air was delicious to the senses.  She would be standing there in her bib apron tending the fire until it was out.  Open burning  was allowed in the forties.  Raking leaves was and still is one of my favorite activities.  It's good exercise, it smells good and it brings back memories.  Memories like my brother and I making paths through the leaves in our yard, sectioning off rooms or just jumping in the piles. Our hair would be full of their dust and bits of leaves covering our clothing, but oh what fun!

What more could I ask?

No comments: