PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Friday, September 25, 2009

Footsteps....




Oft times, we feel in our daily struggle in life that God has forsaken us, that he has not remembered us when we cry out for help for a loved one, a friend, a child.  But God is always there and he always hears our cries.  A helpful book that I have read in the past by Charles Stanley, "The Blessings of Brokenness"  (Why God allows us to go through hard times) is a wonderful explanation of how God is still with us in our troubles and will always pull us from despair, no matter what situation we are dealing with.  At one of these times in my life, I wrote this little poem:

I need to see the footsteps
by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart©
4/24/2004

Blessings flow like raindrops
But they cannot reach my head
Until I put my hands down
So God can touch me with
His great hand.

I need to rest in the palm of God's hand
I need to see his footsteps in the sand.
God guide my thoughts and guide my steps
So I will meet Thee at the end
Of my journey....

I had a friend who told me that when he began to pray each evening, he started out with his hands palms down telling God of his troubles and praying for his transgressions.  But as he prayed, he turned his palms up so that he could receive God's blessing!  I just loved this and think of it often.  We cannot receive from God unless our palms are up and our hearts are OPEN!♥♥♥

This is a picture of our son who is 45 years old (already!)  Bill and I bought him this large book that is all about aircraft.  He is really interested in the history of WWII and airplanes of any era.  The book was too big and heavy to ship so when my cousin visited our hometown, she brought the book to him.  His daughter, our granddaughter, Sarah, is studying photography and this is one of her candid shots of her Dad she took for us.  It was so much fun to receivethe photo from her and made us smile to see our Dan with this giant book in his lap!  Some things never change as we remember him with his nose in books from earliest childhood.  How much fun is this?! Everytime I look at this picture, I smile! Thanks, Sarah for your great picture!

2 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kerrie, I so love this post. How sweet is this. I can tell it runs in the family. You peek out the doors, Bill peeks in the doors, and your son peeks into books. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Love it. Thanks for sharing sweetie. It touched my heart. I love you, Sherry

Abatevintage said...

What a lovely post. I think that is something I will have to start doing, praying with my palms up to receive his praise, and hear his blessing, how great.

Blessings,
Heidi