PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Friday, September 11, 2009

My Sister Mary...

Wow!  This is my sister Mary at age Ten!  My Brother-in-law, her husband, just shared this beautiful picture with me yesterday and I was thrilled!

WHAT IS A SISTER?
                                        by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart
Though I cannot remember
Because I was so small
I had a guardian angel
Who watched me grow and all.
Someone who stilled my fears,
And picked me up if I should fall.
Now that I remember
Because I am long grown,
I treasure my older sister,
Who to me is better known.
And we share a life of memories
A life that has too swiftly flown.
 But she is still there to catch me
When I fall from stress or care
To comfort me in sadness
As my woes to her I bare
With love and Understanding 
That only two sisters can share.
September 11, 2009  All rights reserved.
Do you have a special memory of a sister you love dearly?  I would love to hear about it.  Celebrate YOUR sister by writing it here in my comments page.  I'll be waiting!

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Kerrie, your sister is beautiful!!! I love the photograph...I know you must be thrilled to have a copy ~ have a great weekend! xxoo, Dawn