PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Sunday, September 20, 2009

SEPTEMBER SUNDAYS


Oh, dear friends!!  I am so much enjoying this blog!! Your comments are priceless and I am so glad you are sharing my sense of humor!  Things just strike both Bill and I funny and sometimes not everyone can catch the humor!  So it is so much fun to hear from you all.  I have published all of your comments but they are not showing as yet and you know I am not a patient person!  If I could wish something for every one of you, it would be a good marriage and partner in life.  Even with Bill's cancer hovering over us 24/7, he has never lost his sense of humor and we laugh about something every day.  Bill was 6 foot tall before the cancer.  The bone collapse in his spine has him now measuring 5'7"--on a good day.  One morning he came out as I was making coffee, kissed me and noticed how I do not have to tip toe to return the kiss.  He said, "Someday, I will wake up and be this tall" and he raised his hand from the floor about 2 1/2 feet, "and I will be saying 'me-me--me,me,me!"  I marvel at his finding humor in all situations. 

                                           "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile
                                                but sometimes your Smile can be the source of your joy."
                                                                                                   ~~Anon.
September Sundays....
                        
Among the fallen leaves
Summer's remnants succumb too soon.
as shortened days and Harvest Moon
Light the Autumn nights.

A crispness starts to fill the air
As summer's warmth gives way
To branches bare
And snow is waiting in the wings
To take the center stage.

Bill put a little pile of maple leaves
Into the outdoor chimanea pot
And lighted them so I could enjoy
The aroma on the spot.

Ah, sweet Autumn
Just when all seems serene
A restlessness is spilled......
In the color of your leaves.

© Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

                  

1 comment:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning My Sweet Precious Friends,

Oh how you have made me smile. I cannot begin to tell you what a SURPRISE I received in my mailbox yesterday. OMG when I opened that box, Kerrie and Bill, I began to cry. Something I have not shared with you, Bruiser has cancer. You have so captured my beautiful "Handsome" boy. I will so treasure this piece forever and ever. You had no way of knowing, and that you would do this for me is the most precious gift I have ever received. I thank you both from the very bottom of my heart. Thank you, thank you. I am working on a beautiful post for you at this time. It should be posted in the next hour or so. Please keep checking my blog. This is a tribute to you both. I love you so much, so, so, much. Thank you my precious friends. Country hugs and love, Sherry