PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Monday, August 24, 2009

Inspired by THE GLASS CASTLE

My sister-in-law and I have our own little book club going! She just recently sent the Glass Castle to me to read and return when she comes to visit in September. We share a love for Maeve Binchy, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks and many more authors. While reading The Glass Castle, I was truly inspired to take my own autobiography off the dusty shelf and begin to finish it. The parallels to my own life growing up were eerily familiar. I find this type of book a purging, therapeutic read and at first reading thought, Wow!, someone has written MY book - ha! Anyhow, I have added a bookshelf to my Two Happy site so you can see what I am reading, have read and would like to read. Shelfari is a great site where you can discuss your favorite books with others who share your interest as well as download the bookshelf you build to your blog sites or even FACE BOOK. It is worth your checking out. Do you have childhood memoirs of overcoming tribulations, incidents that have strengthened your character? Consider writing your own autobiography even if it is just for your children.
May I recommend while I am at it, my Son-in-Law's novel, "School Shooter" by Mark Frye, to parents of High School students and to students also. Amazon has a 5 star review for it. The publisher chose the name and changed it from what my Son-in-law had written. But don't let the name throw you off. This book is essential to understanding the youth today and their struggles to fit into society. The author has worked for more than 10 yrs. in the school system and has taught Library Science and Audio Visual Aides and Methods for Elementary, Middle and High School and Coastal Carolina College.

No comments: