PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blue Skies, Shining on me...

♫♫☺Bue Skies, shining on me, nothing but blue skies, do I see. ♫♫ Remember the lyrics to the song?  I love it!  My older sis and I always sing it with 2-part harmony and have since we were children!  During this last week we had much rain but there was one evening before dark when the sky was as blue as a robins egg and these fantastic puffy little clouds were floating along.  My camera was just snapping away and I did not know what direction to choose next!  The rendition of Blue Skies by Willie Nelson is not traditional but still uplifting...




I cannot help but smile just to look at these pictures!  If I had a bigger living room, I would frame a set of sky pictures and put them over the sofa, so that I would always see blue skies....
 
Blue Skies was written by Irving Berlin in December 1926.  The singer Belle Baker, introduced it on December 28th (My Mom's birthday and my grandson's) in 1926.

♫♫Bluebirds singing a song, nothin' but Blue skies all day long!♫♫
  We love the bluebirds, too!  This is a picture of a Blue Bird in our back yard last Spring when we had snow in early February here in South Carolina!  Hubby was able to snap this beautiful little fellow who was hanging to eat on the suet blog cage.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and you might like to visit my Christian blog this morning at http://kerrieshomejournal.blogspot.com/.  We also have a craft blog at http://kerrieskrafts3.blogspot.com/ and our original Two Happy blog at http://beaver-kerrie.blogspot.com/
          Thank you as always for visiting today and I hope you will come again soon! Hugs and blessings are wished for you on this beautiful sunny Sunday!

♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours...

6 comments:

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Hi Kerrie. I love today's post. It certainly was a beautiful start to my beautiful Sunday morning.
Have a great day, Sue

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A lovely post to brighten a cold and damp UK. Loved the song and the pictures, I keep thinking spring is on the way, until I looked at the weather for Nashville
(I'm flying there on Thursday) saying snow is coming to Nashville.

Keep up the good work.
Yvonne.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE this song Kerrie!! Always have! And now I will be singing it all day! But that is very cool. What a delightful post, I love your comment about wanting to hang those pictures so you can always have blue skies. And you have a buttermilk sky! I'm going to do a post on buttermilk skies. Willie has done some beautiful songs, hasn't he? Phil's favorite is "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain", have you heard that one? It is beautiful, though not as upbeat as this one. Hope you have a lovely Sunday

Beverly said...

Your blue skies are beautiful, Kerrie. We were noticing how very blue the sky was yesterday. I could watch the skies for hours.

Unknown said...

What beautiful skies, Kerrie ... & your own blue bird to sing to you. What a day ...

Hope yo are both doing well ... I started to call you & then remembered how hard it is for you on the phone. I miss your sweet voice, my precious friend.

Happy Valentine's weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs & love to you both,
Marydon

Micki said...

Enjoyed your post and thanks for the song too.
Micki