PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Friday, February 18, 2011

DOING THE CHORES...

Hmmm! Any day is laundry day at our house!!  For two old people we generate a LOT of laundry and a lot of garbage-ha!  Just when I think I am ahead of the game, there is another 2 or 3 loads of laundry to do!  Today it was the throw rugs, a load of whites and a load of darks.  I do so wish I had an umbrella clothes pole as it is 75 degrees and sunny here today--heaven!  I love hanging sheets and towels on the line and conditions are perfect right now before the pollen season!  There is nothing more wonderful than the smell of line dried clothes but for now my dryer must suffice-ha!

 I love this vintage advertisement for Laundry Starch from Buffalo, NY  The ladies in their little bustles are hilarious!
And I really don't mind ironing once I get started and always do an entire basketful at once.  Some don't iron any more but I cannot abide wearing cotton blouses or shirts that have not had a quick run over with an iron.  But at least we do not have to use the flat iron in the vintage picture, bless this lady's heart! I have a vintage flat iron that I painted on and it sets on the floor for a door stop-ha!
   I had seen some painted in a magazine several years ago when I painted mine with a farm scene from my imagination.  I love it.

I also have some kitchen items, a vintage can opener with a wooden handle and a spatula that my Mom gave to me many many years ago.  She was always sharing anything I needed and always said, "keep it".  Mom's are like that, aren't they?  I miss her so much...

I have turned the photo sideways for viewing but these are hanging in my kitchen the long way.
Do you have any old utensils or laundry memorabelia to share?  I would love to see!!

So I am on my Third load of laundry, the rugs are done and back on the floors, the light clothes in the dryer and the dark load just finished in the washer!  Yay!, now I can spend some time out of doors taking pictures like this one of the young female Bluebird that visited us this morning.
 She is under the plant crook eating what has fallen from the Suet hanging there.
She is right on the curve of the upper crook hanger blending in with the background so that I can barely see her.  Now that I am looking at these pictures after posting, I think this may be a young Male who does not have all of his vivid colors yet.
   I have the windows open in the house and I love the sound of my windchimes that sound like a harp.  Happy day to you all and come back soon!
♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours...

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

As always I always enjoy visiting your blog, full of interest.

It was lovely to go away but it's just as lovely being with my cyber friends again.

Yvonne.

Micki said...

I love the iron and the painting on it...very creative!
Micki

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Hi Kerrie. I hope you are having a wonderful Friday. After reading your post I realized how much I miss not having a clothes line. There is nothing better then crawling into bed with clean sheets that have been dried outdoors.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Like a harp? I would love to hear them! The paople next door have one that resonates very deeply, I don't really like that tone, yours sound beautiful. It waa about 75 here today, too, so beautiful! But alas, no bluebirds! I LOVE your painted kitchen things, especially the iron!!! It is so special!