PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today's Walk

I did not walk until late afternoon and the sun was still brilliant.  The reflections on the larger lakes in our community were like a mirror....

The day moon was high in the sky over the long leaf pine trees.  I love seeing the moon in day as well as night time!

I could not believe the reflections on the still lakes today!  They were perfect!

This Great Blue Heron was soooo large, that at first I thought he was a Wood Stork!  I just kept snapping and the quality fo the pictures are not as good as I would like, but it still shows how large he was.  The muscles in his legs were so powerful!
It was so cold out that I had to wear my scarf and my winter jacket but well worth the effort.  There is nothing like sunshine and fresh air to clean up your attitude and get the cobwebs out of your brain-LOL! 
To see my latest Crafts and hubby's layered baskets, visit Kerrie's Krafts 3.  For a Christian message, visit Kerrie's Home Journal.  And if you have time, also visit Two Happy, our original and oldest blog.  Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.

♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours...

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well...I have just looked and looked at these pictures, stunning! Many are almost like a trick of the eye! Like glass is right, amazing reflections! And the moon high in the sky. Now to the heron by that pier, well, is it a pier? I'll call it that. He blends in so well. But the wood supports in that one picture look triangular shaped, and the V shapes in the water are so artistic. Then I see in the next picture, it apparently is all the way the sun was shining!!! So many oddly beautiful things to see here!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

You do have some wonderful scenery where you live.

We too living on the coast have lovely scenery it just shows what a wonderful world we live in though parts of it are in turmoil.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Yvonne.

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Blue skys. Oh my. I am envious. Here in my neck of the woods (Northern California) we have had high fog for several days and prior to that we had a few days of rain so the sun has been almost non-existent for what feels like an eternity. But just think, when it does come out it will feel so good. So I am actually glad that we have several days of no sun because when it does come out it feels like the best gift ever.
Big weekend hugs, Sue

George said...

You captured some gorgeous views on your afternoon walk. The color is just amazing, as is that heron.
Many, many years ago my family used to vacation with my in-laws in Garden City for a week in the summer. I later lived in Little River, South Carolina, so I know the area fairly well even if I now reside in Tennessee.
Thanks for visiting my site.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics.. how lucky to have swans in your front yard :))