PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yes, another frosty Morning!

THIS MORNING WAS THE WORST!  The furnace broke at 4:30 a.m. and it was only 25 out, windchill 17.  It is now up to 30.  We waited until 6:00a.m. and called a repairman and left a message.  At 9a.m. he called back and within the hour came.  The blower motor was definitely on the deceased list so he removed it and said he would try to find one and be back if he could.  So we are warming with 2 ceramic heaters and sunshine, LOL!  Bummer!  But the bright spots are the beautiful ice patterns on the lake early this morn and the wonderful Blue Bird blessing the feeder.  He was puffed up so big against the cold that he looked almost completely round!  Isabella, our Ragdoll, just got right up in the window for a close up look.  I took the pictures through the window and the largest one came out like a painting when I brought it up on the computer, I loved the effect!  I will definitely have to paint this Blue Bird of Happiness.



The good Lord always sends a ray of sunshine in the midst of trouble and today he added this beautiful little creature.  We are so blessed!

To view more beautiful photographs of nature, visit http://katneyskaboodle.blogspot.com/ where Kathy posts the most beautiful pictures.  She is a really interesting and well traveled Lady who lives in the state of Washington.  Make sure you click on her 2nd blog in the right sidebar, 365.




Wouldn't this make a great puzzle?  The effect was not intended but I love the way it came out.











Thanks for coming, please come again soon!



4 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Kerrie Sweetie...
So sorry to hear that you all are so cold and still waiting on heat. I am sure Bill is warm with Ms Isabella in his lap, but at least you had a couple of little heaters and some sunshine trying to heat up things. I will be praying for warmth to arrive soon. Somedays it seems we just can't win. What a shame you don't have a fireplace.

We live in the desert and yes our home has a fireplace. We might use it 1 time a year. Never really is cold to us. I wish I could loan it to you darn it.

Haven't been making my rounds, I am fighting bronchitis that is trying to turn into pneumonia. Feel pretty bad. Just wanted to say hi. I think of you two every day and say prayers. Your anniversary is coming. I hope you send me an invitation, even if I can't come, I would like it for my memory book.

Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

GlorV1 said...

Hi Kerrie. What an excellent birdie. I love it. How awful that your heater broke down. Brrrrr, sounds like it's really cold. It's cold over here but not like where you are at. Stay warm and I hope the heater gets fixed quickly. Take care.

Apron Senorita said...

Hi Kerrie, sorry to hear about the cold winter. I guess we're all trying to warm up. The blue bird photo you too is gorgeous. It really does look like a paiting.

I wish you a warm week!
Yoli :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh my!!!! I hope you are warm, by now!

Your photos are lovely!

But I repeat, I hope you are warm, by now...