PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Friday, January 29, 2010

FRIDAY FEATHERS

GOOD MORNING! I am flying high on all of the wonderful comments on my poetry and visits from my sister bloggers!  I am puffed up like the Robins that visit our back yard and must be much more humble!  Thanks to all of you that have been so encouraging and loving in your comments!
  Because of all the birds that frequent our yard, I have collected feathers over the past 4 1/2 yrs.  I have made pens from Canadian Goose Feathers and decorated gourds that I have grown with swan's fluffy short feathers.  After they spend a day of grooming, I can always find a few at the water's edge.  I wash them gently with dishwashing liquid, dry on a paper towel and then wave them like a wand in the air to fluff.

A Large goose feather with the inside of a Bic Ball Point Pen inserted into the shaft and then ribbon wound around the outside for a grip. No, I am not left handed but since taking the photo myself, I clicked with my right hand, LOL!

My Gourd with blue background and a Kokopeli painted inside (the happy Flutist) embellished with metalic blue crochet thread and fluffy Swan feathers.
Hawk and Blue Jay Feathers

Side view of my feathered, painted gourd.
I hope you enjoyed my Feathered Friday, Come by and visit  again soon!  I am going to post a PINK SATURDAY for the first time tomorrow!!  Have a wonderful weekend and if you enjoyed my post, you might also like my TWO HAPPY Blog link in the sidebar.
Hugs,

2 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kerrie Sweetie...
Yeah. I am so thrilled, you're going to post a Pink Saturday. You will be so overwhelmed by all the "pinkies" that come to welcome you. It is the most beautiful land in blogland. I am so tickled "PINK".

Thank you for enjoying my "Hands" post. I loved it when I finished it. I cherish your comments as a writer and artist. My hand the aged one, Heidi's the sparkly one and the Destiny has the painted nails, and Isabel the plain on top. She is a no fuss gal like her Grams.

Have a beautiful day today. Give Bill a hug for me, and Isabella a little swish down her back and through her tail, she will love me for it. I can see her and Bill in their favorite chair.

See ya tomorrow sweetie. Country hugs and so much love...Sherry

maría cecilia said...

So lovely your relationship with birds!!! and so beautiful your feathers displayings!!!
Muchos cariños,
Maria Cecilia