PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas poetry




SHARING MORE CHRISTMAS POETRY:
THE BEST GIFTS...
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

The best gifts are given from the heart
 and often can only be felt there.
Like memories of friends and family
Singing Carols around the tree.

Watching the tree lights in the dark of the room
After Santa has flown by the light of the moon.
Ribbon Candy, nuts and pies
Sleepy children with half-closed eyes
Tired out from playing with the wrappings.

PAPER WRAPPINGS...
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Paper wrappings, tinsel, bows
Children peeking on tippy toes
To see what Santa has left behind
From a giant sack, he looked so kind -
A little bit like Daddy.

And under the branches of the tree
Is a little gift to you from me
You'll find it wrapped with all my love
Written on a card with a snow white dove.
And on the mantle where the holly is wound
A gift from you to me...I found.
And hugged it to my heart.





4 comments:

Micki said...

Lovely sentiments! Have a blessed holiday!
Micki

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Precious poetry.

And a precious illustration too.

^_^

Patricia said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I always love to hear from you. I have your blogs in my reader and enjoy your posts each day.

Doris Sturm said...

How lovely, Kerri...I didn't know you were such a good poet!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. I love them both!

Yours truly,
Doris :-)