PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

VINTAGE SANTA CARDS

SHARING 2 OF MY VINTAGE SANTA CARDS.  These cards have never been mailed.  I bought them at an estate sale back in the 70's and they are from the 1940's.  I treasure them and put them out every year among the tree branches on the tree.  They are unique in that they have stories inside them and it is not the ones we typically know of nor have I ever heard them anywhere else.  They are made in the USA and the backs are the backside of Santa.  The Santa's have the kindest faces!

This one begins: "As good Santa Claus with his faithful reindeer drove out of the Milky Way, A bag of toys caught on a star point there, And tumbled right out of the sleigh.  As it happened 'twas only an extra one that he wasn't going to need, But when you hear how it all turned out, You'll know it was lucky indeed." And then the story continues on 3 more pages.

The next card:




This one begins: "Did you ever stop to think, my dear, How busy Santa is each year Planning all the gifts and toys That go to little girls and boys?  Dear Santa means to give each one What they want most with lots of fun, But really, if the truth be known, He wants surprises for each alone."  And then the story continues on 3 more illustrated pages like the first card!

7 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I have a large collection of Christmas ephemera and I have not seen such wonderful cards as yours before! They are truly treasures!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh how lucky you were to find these! I can see why you treasure them, and put them out, every year.

Linda said...

Thank you so much for visiting Kerrie. It is so much fun to meet new friends.
I love your Santa cards. It makes me feel rather old to have them considered antiques - but then again I am getting old!! They are just beautiful and so unique.
Have a very Merry Christmas.

Beverly said...

Kerrie, what a treasure these are. I love them, too.

Thanks for sharing.

June Art Studio said...

Have A Blessed Christmas & Joyous Season Of The Year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010.

Christine Burgess said...

I love these vintage cards. Things just aren't made the way they used to be. What a lovely idea of putting them out each year to enjoy.
May you have a Wonderful Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Micki said...

I enjoyed seeing the vintage Christmas cards. Happy Holiday!
Micki