PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Saturday, March 23, 2013

My Mallards

 I do love my Mallard ducks so much and I love studying their behavior and the beautiful patterns of their feathers.  I have lived in this house for almost 8 yrs now and they come back every spring.
By feeding them a few bread cubes now and then, they will bring their babies back to see me when they hatch, also.  Of course that is a delight!



Their feathers are so gorgeous!  Mallards mate in the water and although they partner for life, young males will still try to catch the female belonging to another.  Boys will be boys! Ha!  So she flees taking to the air and her mate follows her in her flight.

I am so ready for Spring.  To see my beautiful Azalea photos, please visit my Two Happy blog
http://beaver-kerrie.blogspot.com 
Thanks for coming and please leave a comment.

Today is my Birthday and you can see a new poem on my poetry site, http://kerriespoems.blogspot.com  Thanks!
My Wild Heart to yours....

No comments: