PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Face Lift and FAITH lift...


Nature does not require face lifts.  No creature ever gets a wrinkled face unless he was born with one.  And though their little lives are sometimes filled with stress, they seldom show any signs of it.  Who could resist this beautiful Mockingbird babe who was calling to his Mother?  And how about this wrinkle- free little face of the squirrel who naps on the birdhouse in our back yard.



Or how about this beautiful wrinkle-free bunny face as he grazes on my Lily leaves?

We humans are obsessed with our looks and how to stay young looking and wrinkle free when no matter what we do to improve our looks, we all end up wrinkled--somewhere!  A happy person with a great smile is noticed for their smile and never for the little wrinkle by their eye or mouth!  And a weather worn farmer who is wrinkled from hard work in the sun is no less handsome to his wife and children. 
WE SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED WITH A FAITH LIFT!!
Tune into God and have faith in his works and it will show on your face.  Ever notice how believers seem to have a glow about them and peace?  They do not wear their troubles, their cancers, their lack of material things on their face.  We can find something attractive in EVERYONE.  Maybe it is their smile, maybe they have beautiful hair or maybe they have that special "light" in their eye that comes from their faith deep within.  I have been told several times in my life that I have a light in my eyes.  It both embarrassed and blessed me.  My Mom had the light in her smiling eyes and my daughters have it in theirs.  It's a "good thing" as Martha Stewart would say-ha!  I think God puts the light there so that we can shine for him and spread his word.  What do you think?

GOOD MORNING LORD
        by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 3/2/94

Good morning Lord
 Thank you for another day.
How great it is to walk in your way.
 How blessed I feel to know your son
Come into my heart 'til day is done.

Help me to be kind to others I pray
 And may I never forget to thank you
  for all that you give.
May I gain some wisdom along the way
 And walk close to you for as long as I live.

Thank you for giving me a partner like Bill
 To walk through life with, even up hill.
We will try very hard to do your will.
 And you have blessed us with love beyond measure
We could not ask for any greater treasure.


♥Kerrie

3 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful post, the photo's and the verse really enjoyable to read.

Yvonne.

Beverly said...

Kerrie, you always give me a smile and make me feel good.

Now, let's not talk about my wrinkles.♥

Donna said...

Hi, Kerrie,
Beautiful post, and it's so true. I hope I have that look on my face. :)
D
Signing up to follow you.