PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Black Birds and Sharing the Catch!

This blackbird was so funny fluffing himself dry after dipping in the water!  He was shaking all over like a dog, then fluffing his wings as if to fly but stayed on the branch.  He was quite large but unidentifiable from where I sat at my computer looking out of the window.  He most likely is a Starling.
Sadly, the last little Cardinal did not survive.  This is nature, survival of the fittest but I always mourn anyhow, it is MY nature.

And then came this wonderful smile on my hubby's face as he holds up a Bass he caught off the little lake bank at the edge of the yard!  He brought the Bass to the window and of course I snapped the picture before he released the Bass but got some flash back from the window.  But I love this picture.  After all the testing he has had this week for his cancer, he still has the most wonderful smile!  (He had a Pet Scan, a primary care doc check up and blood draw for labs and did a 24 hr. Urine collection-I don't think I would be smiling-ha!)
  Thanks for visiting and come again soon!  If you are a crafter, pls go to my Kerrie's Krafts 3 blogsite for directions on how to make an Indian seed bead Daisy necklace.

HUGS, KERRIE

2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

It's usually the poeple that are the sickest that have the best disposition at times because they truly know how fragile and precious life really is...and one must savior and enjoy every minute of it!

Tell hubby I will continue to include him in my prayers - as well as you, Kerrie, you are a precious couple :-)
Warmest Regards,
Doris :-)

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. God's blessings to you and your husband. Lloyd