PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Friday, December 6, 2013

♫♫CHRISTMAS TREE, O' CHRISTMAS TREE...♫♫

Good Morning Sweet Bloggers!! The season is upon us and I marvel at how fast the days go by!  My little tree has ornament overload because I cannot leave any little sentimental ornament in the box! Ha!

My Mom, my Bill, cousins and friends as well as my grown children have contributed through the years.  My favorite is the Madonna of the Poor ornament by far...
 
 The Milkweed pod ornament was made when my children were little and it has survived many Christmases.
The little Moon Santa below is one of our own creations.  I would draw a pattern, Bill would cut it out and then I would paint it.  I have several that are very large for wall deco.

Although this is a little blurry, it is also one of my favorites, my original Santa face painted on a light bulb that is shaped like a flame.  I covered the threaded part with a bit of red plaid fabric for his hat.
 
This one is one I drew and then Bill had cut out of roof flashing metal!  Love it!  I miss my Bill so much and it was hard decorating without him.  So many memories!
 
And Last but not Least, a photo from outside when done.  It is only a 3 ft. tree but I hung just as many ornaments on it as if it were a large floor tree-ha!
 
And here is my little Lilly in her new doggy Christmas neckerchief that my cousin sent in the mail today.  Love it!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and do check out the other Pink Saturday posts to see what others are sharing at Beverly's How Sweet the Sound! 
My heart to yours...

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Good Morning Kerrie, Your Christmas decorations are pretty. We haven't had the snow and ice that everyone around us is getting. It is kinda like we are in a pocket, but it sure is cold this morning. 9 degrees without the wind chill. The sun is shining, but I was told to watch for icy spots if I get out. The only thing I may do is go to the nursing home. You have a big change from SC now. have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Betty said...

Your tree looks lovely. I have a box of handmade ornaments from my kids, family, and friends. A few years ago I put them all on our tree for that Christmas.

Beverly said...

Kerrie, thank you for your visit. You made my day.

I am just the same about my ornaments. I love seeing them from year to year, and treasuring the memories.

Please come link your holiday posts with us for Pink Saturday.♥

LV said...

I love seeing your ornaments and what they mean to you. Nicely done.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hi Kerrie!
My tree is full of memories from family gone and from living...so yes, I can't part with none of my ornies each year, just like you! I love your tree! Thank you for your sweet visit, you made me smile. Enjoy your holiday season.
FABBY

Beverly said...

I started my holiday home tour today. I hope you can come by for a visit.♥