PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Saturday, May 25, 2013

TURTLES TODAY LAYING EGGS

I was walking the dog in the back yard this afternoon and came upon a very large turtle digging a nest and laying eggs.  I took Lily back into the house and grabbed my camera and got a video of her covering the nest and then fleeing back to the lake.  I could hardly keep up with her!!  Who says turtles are slow??!!  click on the arrow to view each video. :)




She watched me the whole time but kept on with her work.  Her back legs were big around as a broomstick and so powerful burying and then covering the spot with grass and dirt.  Totally fascinating.  So blessed to see these things of nature right in my own backyard! Hope you enjoyed seeing her, too.


My wild heart to yours...

No comments: