PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring Babies in SC

My Cup runneth over with the spring babies coming to my back yard!
These are the Canadian Goose Goslings.

Here is the Mama Mallard with her 12 ducklings close behind.

This was the first I had seen her new hatchlings.  She had brought them to eat the fallen seed from the feeder outside my window.  So precious!

Making their exit and on to the neighbors...


And then the graceful Mute Swan family, Mama leading, three signets following proudly and Papa guarding the rear.




Beautiful scene from my den window this morning, I am so blessed...

Thank you for coming and please leave a comment, it is easy to do and I love reading them.

My wild heart to yours...





6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Awwwwww... nothing like springtime and babies!!!

Unknown said...

These are the kinds of scenes that just melt my heart in the spring. Birth ... we are surrounded by such beauty.

How are things coming along for you, sweetie.

Harold said he sends his best ...
Love you ~
TTFN~
Marydon

Shirley said...

Hi Kerrie, I loved the pictures of momma's and their babies. You truly have wonderful happenings right outside of your windows. The warm weather has been such a joy the last couple of days. We set outside for a while at the nursing home. The fresh air felt good. I think of you quite often. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

One pair of Hands said...

Your pictures are beautiful Kerrie. What a joy to be able to watch the little families at close hand.

Byrdnest said...

Hi, We are close to you - up here at Crystal Lake (close to MB State Park). We have been enjoying the mallard families also. We have a pair of mute swans that flew in about Jan-Feb but have not seen them for a day or two. They didn't lay any eggs but did build a nest. Do you know if it is time for them to fly North? If so, I hope they will be back next year.

Kerrie said...

To Byrdsnest: I do not know the Mute Swans migrating pattern as the ones here stay all year round and of course raise their young in early spring until they are adults. They are wonderful to see, aren't they? Thank you for your visit. Do you have a blog? I could not find it. ♥