And butterflies still come as beautiful as ever!
First Halloween and now it is the Month of Thanksgiving already!
Below is a great Recipe for left over turkey that I found!
1 of 0 Photos
Rice with Goodies
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup cooked, chopped turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Mix the onion, celery, carrot, peas, mushrooms, almonds, raisins and apple into the skillet. Slowly cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- Mix in the turkey, chicken soup base, soy sauce, parsley and pepper. Mix in the rice. Serve hot.
Have a most wonderful Day!
My heart to yours...