PLEASE NOTE

All photos, poetry, posts, all content is protected by copyright and may not be used unless otherwise indicated in my post, for example a free pattern or craft directions. All rights reserved by Author © Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart 2009 - 2018

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Where does the Time Go?

 Hello! It has been such a long time... I was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in July of 1918 and have had 44 treatments over the past 2 1/2 yrs.  I I decided last month I had enough and stopped treatment.  The side effects are going away.  I feel great, never looked sick from the start.  I decided to let God and nature take it's course.  I am at peace.

Deer at the O'Brien Farm 2 years ago


My friend, Sonja O'Brien has died and I miss her so much.  Her son and his lovely wife invited my friend John and I to come out couple of weeks ago and we had coffee and home-baked goodies.  It was so good to see them again. They are precious to me.  We reminisced and laughed and had a great visit.

I am crafting all of time with the Virus going on and it saves me as I only go out for groceries and get lonely.  I read a lot and I birdwatch. I have a wonderful view from my living room of a country setting with wildlife and a Brook running through.  I try to enjoy every minute.


A very young Bill and me in the '70's.  Bill passed in 1912,just before our 52nd Anniversary. In 2013 I moved back to my hometown in Auburn, NY.

I made gifts for all of my family and children last Christmas and it was so much Fun!  I have 2 great grandchildren now.  They are wonderful.

I had not posted in so long, I wondered if I would remember how to do it.  Please leave a comment if you remember me  and wishing a Very Blessed Thanksgiving to you all despite all the crazy things going on in the world.  Kerrie




2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It was so good to see a post from you, Kerrie. I know those treatments have been really unbearable so I do not blame your decision to stop them. These at home times are hard on everyone, but I'm glad that you have your crafts and your view to keep you entertained. Blessings for a beautiful Thanksgiving!

Carol said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I am so happy to see you back! I read and enjoyed your blogs for quite some time but never commented before. I want you to know that your upbeat writing, even in the difficult times, is inspiring.

I will continue to pray for you.

Many Blessings!

Carol